For our next Go Raw Have Fun! interview, I am pleased to present Cecilia Benjumea from www.rawglow.com! I was extremely excited to talk to her because she was one of the first raw food bloggers I found and was completely inspired by her story, website, journal, and beautiful photos. She actually helped influence me to start my own blog and small raw food business while still working in the corporate world two years ago.
Cecilia has been on a healing journey since she was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue syndrome about 10 years ago. This journey led her to the raw foods lifestyle which she has now been living for 7 years in Northern California. Cecilia is passionate about preparing and teaching people about raw food via raw food coaching, does recipe and photo spreads in Living Nutrition Magazine, teaches raw food classes in Sonoma county, and organizes a raw food potluck in Northern California.
(one of Cecilia’s creations)
This interview is packed-full of great information to help you on your way to getting your own raw glow :) Enjoy!
- How and why she got into raw foods.
- Her first week on raw foods–what she ate (or didn’t eat) to achieve dramatic results.
- The physical changes she experienced when first going raw and since then.
- Cecilia’s raw food rampage of inspiration. (I was floating out of my body after this one!)
- Food and your mood. (She totally gets this).
- What raw food websites influenced her the most (Have you checked out these sites yet?)
- Why she started her website and raw food journal.
- Who her raw food mentor is and why.
- Friends, family, boyfriends and fiancees–and your raw food diet/lifestyle (When is Raw-Anon starting?)
- How she made the transition to raw foods and a great book to recommend for digestive tips.
- The most important secret for your success. (Hint: Starts with an A.)
- Making the commitment to yourself.
- How to break a craving. (You’d be amazed how quickly you can do this.)
- Where she continues to get her raw inspiration.
- The importance of tweaking your diet.
- What superfood she takes regularly. I love this one too!
- What green smoothies have done for her in her last “Green Smoothie Challenge.”
Raw Glow: Check out Cecilia’s site for education, support, amazingly beautiful and simple recipes, inspiration, awesome recipe e-booklets and more!
Listen to it on this page or download the mp3. (60 minutes)
Question of the day: What is your raw % commitment? Post it below and record it for the world to see! ;)